Pathways InformationPathways Middle School is a public middle school for students who would like a smaller environment in which to learn. The program, created by West Ada, is currently completing our tenth year for 7th and 8th grade students. Our school is looking for good kids who get lost in the crowd and feel like their current school is not the right fit. These students may find it difficult to stay organized, be struggling in their academic environment, or simply feel their school is just too big.Pathways Middle School offers:
- Smaller class sizes (maximum of 18) with more one-on-one attention.
- A smaller school community comprised of 7th and 8th grade with a maximum of 160 total students.
- A block schedule so students can complete all their work in class with fewer transitions.
- No daily assigned homework for their 7th grade year.
- The addition of homework in 8th grade to prepare students for high school and college.
- Specific instruction in study skills, organization strategies, and standardized test taking skills.
- A Highly Qualified staff
- The same core curriculum as the larger schools and electives including Drama, Introduction to Computer Science, Art, Guitar, Creative Writing, Consumer Science, Math Labs, and Writing Labs.
- Interest groups include a Tech Club, Anime Club, Gamer’s Club, Chess Club, Builders Club, Skate Team, Ski/Snowboard Club, and more – students create the groups!
- All sports/after school activities are still available for our students at EMS, HMS, SMS, and LSMS.
- A focus on academics, social skills and personal achievement.
- A supportive and nurturing environment where failing is not an option.
- One-to-one tablets for all students to use in class and at home.
We are located at 1855 East Heritage Park Lane in Meridian – right behind the Meridian Medical Arts Charter High School. This summer, construction will begin on our new building! The building will be located across the parking lot from our current location.
We accept applications on a first-come/first-serve basis. If you feel Pathways could be a good option for your student, talk to your student’s current school counselor and fill out an application. We will contact you once we receive your application.
If you have any questions in the meantime, contact your student’s counselor or call Pathways at 350-4040. We look forward to meeting you!