Welcome to Rocky Mountain High School
Rocky Mountain High School is the newest of the five major high schools in the district. It opened in the fall of 2008 and currently has over 2,100 students enrolled in grades 9-12. It is fully accredited by the Northwest Association of Accredited Schools.RMHS operates under a Block Schedule, offering four periods per day. Classes are attended on alternate days allowing students to take eight classes per semester.
Mission:A learning environment dedicated to high expectations and success for all students.
Through a collaborative effort, Rocky Mountain High School is committed to developing a culture in which all students can achieve success.
School Colors:Purple and BlackSchool Mascot:Grizzlies
- The administration will function as a resourceful leader for the school, alleviating excessive pressure and allowing teachers to focus their efforts primarily on student achievement.
- The counselor will implement proactive and preventative programs that support student achievement in the areas of academic, career, personal, and social development.
- The media center staff will work to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information. Our aim is to empower students to be critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, and ethical users of information.
- The classroom teacher will assure that learning is a priority by establishing a learning environment based on mutual respect, motivation, and equal opportunity.
- The students are the product of Rocky Mountain’s culture and will be expected to perform at high levels as they prepare for a successful post secondary experience.
- The parents are encouraged to be a resource for their students, providing time, materials, and guidance for their child.