What is the PTO? Simply put, it stands for Parent Teacher Organization. But it's much more than that! The PTO at Chief Joseph is a non-profit organization where parents, teachers, and staff come together and are dedicated to improving Chief Joseph School of the Arts. We are 100% volunteer based, and together we provide fundraising opportunities to give back to our school.
With our Chief Jo family's support, we are able to provide things like:
- hands-on learning experiences including field trips (including transportation costs)
- supplemental classroom enrichment:
- alternative seating options
- educational magazines
- and other items to benefit your child’s learning experience
- assist with kindergarten and 5th grade graduations
- support our musical cast with dinner before their performance
- free Movie Nights
- free Winter Festival where Santa makes an appearance
- hosted events like our Farmstead Fundraiser (come see a teacher kiss a pig!)
- free child care at our PTO meetings
- recognition for our teachers and staff during Staff Appreciation Week
- funding for assemblies
- and more!
Please join us for a monthly meeting! For the 2019-20 school year, we will be meeting on the 2nd Thursday of each month, right after school. We meet in the library from 4:00- 4:30 and offer free child care in the gym. Please take the time to browse the tabs on the left! We value your feedback and participation!
The dates of our 2019-2020 meetings are as follows:Thursday, September 12thThursday, October 10thThursday, November 14thThursday, December 12thNo meeting in JanuaryThursday, February 13thThursday, March 12th: Submit your name for the 2020-2021 PTO Board positions!Thursday, April 9th: Elections for 2020-2021 Board!Thursday, May 14th
Presidents: Kristen Johnson and Caroline Braden
Vice Presidents: Amy Martin and TiAnna Hagglund
Secretaries: Maggie and Nicholas Dykzeul
Treasurer: Melody Campbell
All are welcome to our meetings - please come! We always need helpers and appreciate feedback on events. If you have any questions or ideas please contact one of the board members. Thank you!
Contact Us! Email: email@example.com
Facebook page: Chief Jo PTO
Have you "liked" us on Facebook yet? www.facebook.com/ChiefJosephElementary/