What is the PTO? Simply put, it stands for Parent Teacher Organization. But it's much more than that! The PTO at Chief Joseph is a non-profit organization comprised of parents, teachers, and staff who are dedicated to improving Chief Joseph School of the Arts. We are 100% volunteer based and together we provide fundraising opportunities to give back to our school.
With our Chief Jo family's support, we are able to provide things like:
- hands-on learning experiences including field trips (including transportation costs)
- supplemental classroom enrichment:
- alternative seating options
- DVD players
- educational magazines
- assist with kindergarten and 5th grade graduations
- support our musical cast with dinner before their performance
- supply History Bee trophies
- yearbooks for our staff
- free child care at our PTO meetings
- recognition for our teachers and staff during Staff Appreciation Week
- funding for assemblies
- fun family events like movie nights
- and more!
Please join us for a monthly meeting! For the 2017-2018 school year, we will be meeting on the 2nd Thursday of each month, right after school. We meet in the library from 4:00 to 4:30 and offer free child care in the gym. Please take the time to browse the tabs on the left! We value your feedback and participation!
The dates of our 2017-2018 meetings are as follows:
Thursday, September 14th
Thursday, October 12th
Thursday, November 9th
Thursday, December 14th
Thursday, January 11th
Thursday, February 8th
Thursday, March 8th: Submit your name for the 2018-2019 PTO Board!
Thursday, April 12th: 2018-2019 Board Elections!
Thursday, May 10th