Fast Forward Program
The Fast Forward program provides every student attending an Idaho public school an allocation of $4,125.00 to use towards Advanced Opportunities in grades 7-12. The program was expanded by the Legislature in 2016 through the passing of House Bill 458.
The funds can be used for:
Dual CreditsDual credit courses are taken by high school students. These courses are transcribed on both their high school and college transcripts. The Fast Forward program can pay for up to $75.00 per credit. In most cases, the cost of these credits is $65.00. Dual Credit courses can also be taken online, by virtual conferencing, or in some cases students can go directly to the college/university campus. All dual credit courses must be transcribed on the students’ high school transcript.
Overload CoursesAn overload course is a high school level course that is taken in excess of the student’s regular school day. These courses are offered online, during the summertime, and after school. In the event that student incurs a cost for such courses, the Fast Forward program can pay up to $225.00 for the cost of the course. Overload courses must be above and beyond the full course load offered by the student’s local school.
- West Ada high school students should have a 3.0 or higher GPA and must be taking a full course load of 8 credits per semester. This means no release periods of any kind can be taken currently or in the future.
- West Ada middle school students should have a 3.0 or higher GPA and must be taking a full course load of 7 classes per semester. This means no release periods of any kind can be taken currently or in the future.
- If a student take an overload course and fails to take a full course load the following semester. The student will not have access to fast forward funds until an additional overload course is taken and paid for independently.
- Fast Forward funds may not be used for repeated or remedial course work.
The Fast Forward participation form is now located exclusively in the PowerSchool parent portal, under the "Update Student Information" section.
You will fill out and submit the form directly in PowerSchool. This can only be done under your parent login, not the student login.
Deadlines for courses with FALL registration:
- September 15th deadline to create/register an account in the advanced opportunities portal if you have already done so.
- September 22nd deadline to request funding for courses in the advanced opportunities portal