College & Career Announcements
Hello Rocky Parents and Students,
The Rocky career center is open before school, at lunch, and after school to support Rocky students with post-secondary planning in each grade! If you have any quesitons please drop in and see us, or send us an email.What does the career center help with? :
- College and Career Exploration
- Transcript requests
- College applications
- Financial Aid
- Military connections
- Dual Credit/Advanced Opportunities "Fast Forward" Accounts
- Trades and Apprenticeships
- Job searches
Sierra Teseo~ College and Career Counselor firstname.lastname@example.org
Molly Mills~ Career Center Assitant email@example.com
CAREER CENTER ANNOUNCEMENTS
Advanced Opportunities Night at Rocky
Jan 27 at 6:30 pm
Students and parents of 8th-10th grade
Learn about Dual Credit, AP, Honors, Fast Forward funding, and BSU Sophomore Start/Associates program
West Ada School District College and Career Fair
On Monday, April 25, 2022, we will host our districts first college and career fair here at Rocky! This event will be from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm and provide students the opportunity to connect with employers, colleges and organizations, research companies and post-secondary options and find employment.
Take a practice SAT or ACT with Revolution Prep
ACT: Saturday, January 29, 2022; 10am-2pm; Live Online
SAT: Saturday, February 5, 2022; 10am-2pm; Live Online
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Register for the practice test at Rocky Mountain and Revolution Prep
2. Schedule a time to go over your score report with a Revolution Prep team member at Schedule Appointment with Revolution Prep
For more information visit: Rocky Mountain ACT/SAT Test Prep
Student/Parent Information Night
The Idaho State Department of Education will provide a student and parent information night related to Advanced Opportunities on Tuesday, January 11th (register here) at 7:00pm (mst) via Zoom. Schools are encouraged to share this resource to families.
The Armed Services Vocational Aptidude Battery is March 8, 2022 at Rocky in the career center. Please sign up at the link below.
Rocky Students, join the Career Center on Remind to get immediate information on college visits, scholarships, military rep visits, events in the community and so much more! It is easy to join, just text your code to the phone number 81010 and start getting text messages from the Rocky Career center!
Last names A-F text: @grizz12a-f to 81010
Last names G-L text: @grizz12g-l to 81010
Last names M-Z text: @grizz12m-z to 81010
Last names A-J text: @grizz11a-j to 81010
Last names K-Z text: @grizz11k-z to 81010
Last names A-J text: @grizz10a-j to 81010
Last names K-Z text: @grizz10k-z to 81010
Last names A-Z text: @grizz9a-z to 81010
- Please go to your RMHS Career Center Seniors Team to find valuable information just for you! Please complete your senior post-secondary plan here! In your Team is a task list and it will guide you through the steps for applying to college.
- APPLY IDAHO- Apply Idaho is a single application that can be sent to 10 Idaho colleges for free! The application is now open and we will use this application during our College Application Week event on October 11-15th. Apply Idaho Tutorial 2020 - YouTube & Welcome - Apply Idaho
- College Application Week is Oct 11-15th and all Rocky Seniors will come to the library and work on applications with support!
- Sign-up for financial aid help below if you need help learning ways to pay for college or completing the FAFSA
- Sign-up to meet with college reps in the career center each week!
Parenting Kids On The Way Out
How to transition from being a parent to a lifelong consultant & friend.
This six-week session will discuss how to parent your child when they are getting ready to independently enter the world and pursue their goals after high school.
How do we as parents go from the hands-on parenting we are used to and
becoming more like a consultant?
Location: Central Academy (6075 N. Locust Grove, Meridian 83646)
Dates: Tuesdays -Jan. 11, 18, 25 and Feb. 1, 8, 15
No Class Fee
Register by contacting Nichole Deakins at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration Deadline: January 4 or until full (class is limited to 20 people)
Connection is the Cure Event