If your student is currently NOT attending school in the West Ada School District use the following instructions and forms:
Instructions for enrolling a New Student for the current school year:
- The registration process begins online by going to the pre-registration website at https://register.westada.org/preregister.html and completing the form. Once you submit the information, the Registrar will receive an email letting them know that your student needs to register for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Print and complete the Registration Packet for yours child's appropriate grade level.
- Scan and email the completed grade level registration packet along with the required items needed to enroll listed below to the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will receive an email from the Registrar with your PowerSchool Parent account information. You will need to log-in to your account and enter your student's demographic information in order to complete the enrollment process.
- Your student will be registration for the 2018-2019 once all of the steps above have been completed AND all of the necessary paperwork has been received.
Required items needed in order to enroll:
Please be aware that your student is unable to start school until ALL of the required documentation has been received.
- Immunization Record: The Idaho School Immunization Law requires that children be up-to-date on their immunizations in order to attend school, therefore all students must provide current immunization records PRIOR to starting school. (Section 39-4801, Idaho Code)
- Certified Birth Certificate: Upon enrollment of a student parents are required to provide a certified copy of the student’s birth certificate. (Section 18-4511, Idaho Code)
- Proof of address: Residency Verification such as a Utilities bill, purchase agreement, rental agreement, bank statement or any legal document which established home address within Meridian Middle School Boundaries.
- Withdrawal form from previous school, which includes current schedule, current transfer grades, and attendance when enrolling during the current school year.
- Special Services: Please provide us with a copy of your child’s current IEP or 504 Accommodation Plan. If a student is enrolling who is currently receiving any special services, there must be a transition meeting prior to the student attending school.
- ELL: Students who have two or more languages spoken in their homes will need to make an appointment with the district intake center. Once they have completed testing and it is determined that the student is eligible to attend Meridian Middle School, students will be able to enroll.
Please note that it is the responsibly of the parent/guardian to provide the required documents. If necessary, you may try to contact the previous school and ask them to have the information faxed to us at (208) 855-4249. Please be aware that your student is unable to start until ALL of the required documentation has been received.
Registration Packets for the 2018-2019 school year.