EHS Sophomore & Junior College and Financial Planning Night with David Reis (financial planner & parent)
April 18th 6:30-8pm in the Social Center
PLANNING FOR COLLEGE
(Or what to do now, to pay less later)
College can be a major expense. By planning ahead, you can often reduce that expense by shopping smarter.
This event covers:
- Information you can collect now to make applications for scholarships and college easier.
- Factors to consider when evaluating colleges.
- Things to do and ask when you visit colleges.
- Financial considerations for parents during “base year” (tax year straddling sophomore and junior years.)
- Planning ahead to pay for college: sources of financial aid and how to maximize each.
Services provided through the Career Center
- Individualized Student College and Career Planning
- Parent Conferences regarding Student Planning
- Classroom Career Lessons
- ACT & SAT Registration Packets and study materials
- ACT and SAT Test Taking Strategies
- Career Assessments
- Naviance Student
- College Catalogs and Information Materials
- National College Fair Information (October 31, 2018)
- College Application Information (College Application Week Oct.15-19)
- Scholarship and Financial Aid Information (FAFSA)
- College Admission Counselor Visits
- Military Recruiter Visits
- Employment Information
- Resume Information
- NCAA/NAIA Information