Partners in Learning, Preparing for the Future
Through partnership with staff, students, parents and our community, we are committed to high levels of learning for all students and preparing them for their future.
Victory Middle School Collective Commitments
- We believe that all students CAN learn!
- We will be responsible for the success and well-being of every student. Therefore, we will collaborate and support each other in developing instructional strategies, ensuring effective interventions and designing methods of assessment.
- We will provide a welcoming and safe environment for students, parents, staff, and community members.
- In all things, we collaborate.
- The fundamental task of all educators at Victory Middle School is to evaluate the effect of their practices/teaching on the students learning.
- We talk more about learning than about teaching.
- Teachers at VMS seek out feedback. Assessment is about our impact on student learning.
- Rule #6: Don’t take yourself so seriously!
- Through our own actions, we will model kindness, understanding, integrity, and respect for our students. We will strive to instill these qualities in our students.
- It is our role to develop positive relationships in the classrooms and staffrooms.
- The fundamental structure of the school will be the collaborative team. Educators will not work in isolation.
- The work of the team will include –
- Establishing and implementing a guaranteed a viable curriculum, unit by unit, to ensure all students have access to the same knowledge, skills, and concepts regardless of the teacher to whom they have been assigned.
- Monitoring student learning through a balanced assessment process that will include ongoing formative assessment in the classroom and frequent team-developed common formative assessments throughout the year.
- Using the evidence of student learning they gather to better meet the needs of individual students, to build upon the strengths and address the weaknesses of individual teachers, to identify areas of general concern regarding student achievement, and to develop strategies for improving upon the team’s collective capacity to improve student learning in those areas.