Phone: (208) 350-4130 EXT: 1206
Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of the Arts in Secondary English Teaching from Boise State University
Mrs. Lori Mason
“Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.” - Aristotle
I am so excited to be your child’s 7th grade English teacher. I hope that your child will find this class engaging and that they will grow in reading, writing, and thinking skills.
Although this is my first-year teaching at Heritage Middle School, I have also taught 7th grade English at Lake Hazel Middle School. Most recently, I taught 11th grade English at Meridian High School over the summer. While I was attending college at Boise State University, I volunteered at Bogus Basin with a program called Recreation Unlimited. I was able to teach kids how to ski while also earning my level one certification with Professional Ski Instructors of America. Needless to say, teaching is a true passion of mine whether it is out on the slopes or in an English classroom.
I believe in growing individually as well as a community so we will often share in small groups and large groups in my class. Please never hesitate to communicate your thoughts, opinions, ideas, or concerns.
- I love my job and the subject I teach
- I am from Las Vegas, Nevada (Go Knights!)
- I consider LeBron James to be the greatest of all time
- I attended both the University of Utah and Boise State University (Go Utes and Go Broncos!)
- I am married with two fur babies, Lil’ Rox the pug and Lowla the black lab
My Goals for your child:
- They will know that I care about them and their success.
- They will improve their writing and reading skills, and as a result, become more confident in themselves and in their work.
- As a class, we will build trust and have fun while learning.
I am looking forward to a great year!