Phone: (208) 350-4130
Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of the Arts in Secondary English Teaching from Boise State University
Mrs. Lori Mason
“Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.” - Aristotle
I am so excited to be your child’s 8th grade English teacher. I hope that your child will find this class engaging and that they will grow in reading, writing, and thinking skills. I believe in growing individually as well as a community. Please never hesitate to communicate your thoughts, opinions, ideas, or concerns.
This will be my third year at Heritage Middle School. Previously I taught 7th grade English at Lake Hazel Middle School. While I attended college at Boise State University, I volunteered at Bogus Basin with a program called Recreation Unlimited. I taught kids how to ski while earning my level one certification with the Professional Ski Instructors of America. Needless to say, teaching is a true passion of mine whether it is out on the slopes or in an English classroom.
I will be a mentor to a student-teacher from Boise State University. Her name is Amanda Stewart and she will be a great asset to our classroom environment this year. She went to school in West Ada and is excited to give back to her community.
Fun Facts about me:
- I love my job and the subject I teach
- Last year, my husband and I welcomed our baby boy, Blake Dee. We are obsessed with him.
- I am from Las Vegas, Nevada (Go Knights!)
- I attended both the University of Utah and Boise State University (Go Utes and Go Broncos!)
- I have two fur babies, Lil’ Rox the pug, and Lowla, the black lab
My Goals for your child:
- They will know that I care about them and their success.
- They will improve their writing and reading skills, and, as a result, become more confident in themselves and in their work.
- As a class, we will build trust and have fun while learning.
I am looking forward to a great year!