Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelors in Early Childhood/Early Childhood Special Education Masters in Educational Leadership
Mrs. Katie Leonard
- Hello! I am excited to be your child’s teacher this year! Second grade is such an enjoyable age and I treasure the experiences I have each new year! This school year will be especially memorable with the exciting extension of our district into virtual learning. I can’t wait to be part of something new and special with you.
- A little about me: I was born in Michigan and raised in Boise, Idaho attending several schools in Westada School District. I graduated from Boise State University in 2006 with a bachelors in Early Childhood/Early Childhood Special Education and started teaching for the district in 2007. I then completed my masters in Educational Leadership at Boise State in 2011.
- I have been blessed with an amazing family. My husband, Kyle, and I have been married over 10 years. We have a son, Jaten, and a daughter, Jacelyn. Both of my kids go to elementary school in Westada. I love being in the outdoors especially playing soccer, kayaking, boating, skiing, camping, hiking, and just spending time with my family.
- It is extremely important to me that you know I have your child’s best interest at heart. I will work hard to provide them the best education tailored to their individual needs. I ask that you please communicate with me openly about your worries, concerns, and reasons for celebrating your child’s growth. I promise that I will only ask you to work at home with your child on things that are meaningful. I cherish family time and believe that children need time after school to play, be outside, and strengthen family relationships
- Thank you for sharing your sons and daughters with me. I know we will have an amazing school year!