2017-18 District Art Show
The District’s Choice Award art project is now underway. Each student is encouraged to submit one piece of art to his/her home school. Each school will then choose one piece of art from those submitted as the School’s Choice. Those pieces will be prominently displayed at the District Service Center for one (1) year with the exception of the District Choice Award winners which will become a part of the district’s permanent art collection.
There will be one District Choice Award winner chosen from each level, elementary, middle, and high school.
Additional pieces will be selected to receive awards which include:
- Meridian Mayor’s Award
- West Ada Director's Award
- Star Mayor’s Award
- Idaho State University's Award
- Eagle Mayor’s Award
- Eagle Arts Commission Award
- Superintendent’s Award
- Meridian Arts Commission Category Awards
- Meridian Arts Commission Community Awards
- Meridian Chamber of Commerce President’s Award
- Boise State University Dean of Education Award
- Eagle Chamber of Commerce Award
- Board of Trustees Award (Elementary, Middle, and High School)
The pieces chosen for these awards will hang in the respective offices for one (1) year. They will be returned to the artists in April of the following year.
School Choice Award winners will be honored at an art show and reception on April 26, 2018, from 6:30-8:30pm for both Elementary and Secondary at the New Star Middle School Gym.
Students and their families along with their teachers and principals will be invited.
- October - March = Creation of artwork
- March or sooner = Selection of Building School Choice Award Winner
- March 16th = Selections delivered to District Office
- March 16 - April 23 = Selections are matted and framed
- April 6 = Invitations mailed to School Choice Award winners, winner's families, teachers, principals, and sponsors
- April 26 = Elementary Art Show and Reception
- April 27 = Middle & High School Art Show and Reception
- Size = 2-dimensional work (painting, collage, prints, drawings, etc.) no larger than 18” x 24”, must be flat and not exceed more than a 3/8-inch thickness.
Entries may be submitted on paper, canvas board, or cardboard.
Please DO NOT frame.
There is no size limitation on 3-dimensional work.
- Subject Matter = Subject matter should be appropriate for display in a public office.
- School or Home = Work submitted may be done at school or at home with the understanding that it is clearly the student’s original work.
- Submission = Each student’s submission must be accompanied by a completed student entry form.