Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor Degree from Utah State University in Early Childhood Education Master of Educational Technology from. Boise State University
Mrs. Jen Crook
- Hello! I am Jen Crook and excited to be teaching second grade again this year. This is my 5th year in 2nd grade WASD and 2nd year at VSH.
- A little about me: I was born and raised in northern Utah. I met and married my husband Daryl of 28 years in college, and we have 4 children. Daryl is a cybersecurity software sales engineer. His company is based in Texas, but he has worked mostly from home since 2001. Our oldest child is BriAnna; she is 26 and is a music teacher at Pioneer Elementary and currently working on her master's degree at BSU. Jaiden is 23 and is managing a local moving company. Makynlee is 19 and working and taking some time off to figure out what is next in her life. Tessa is 16 and a junior at Renaissance High School and works at the South YMCA.
- Our family loves to camp and travel. We have seen a lot of amazing places in this world. I am a memory-keeper and the family "story-teller." I work hard to preserve all our family memories. I love photography and crocheting in my scarce free-time.
- Our family has moved 19 times since 1993.
- I graduated from Utah State University with a degree in Early Childhood Education. After taking many years off to raise our 4 children, I received a Master of Educational Technology degree at BSU. Teaching virtually is VERY exciting to me!
- In my 26 years of parenting and through our 19 moves, my family has been fortunate enough to be a part of many wonderful classrooms. In Utah, I worked as a part-time reading intervention specialist. My children have had amazing teachers, all who have invested in my children's lives and futures. I have had many teacher exemplars throughout my life. My oldest two children attended school at Joplin and Pioneer and now my oldest daughter teaches along-side her former elementary music teacher. Teaching runs in our blood and we are committed and passionate about children and education.
- I chose to teach at Virtual School House. I LOVE teaching virtually and the relationships I created last year was very suprising. I am excited to be on this journe again. The students' smiles are the reason I wake up and want to do what I do.