What is Advanced Opportunities (Fast Forward) Funding Program?
Advanced Opportunities allocates $4,125 to Rocky students to use towards the cost of: Overload Courses, Dual Credit Courses, Exams, and Workforce Training. Dual credit courses are courses transcribed on both a student’s high school and college transcript. Through the Advanced Opportunities program, students can request up to $75 per credit for such courses. Students using funds for more than 15 credits must meet with an advisor to discuss how credits will translate into their post highschool goals. Exams Students can use Advanced Opportunities funds to cover the full cost of the following exams: Advanced Placement (AP) International Baccalaureate (IB) College Level Examination Program (CLEP).
Taking Dual Credit (concurrent credit) at Rocky
Concurrent credit teachers will provide the information needed to (1) register with the university and (2) request Fast Forward funding.
* If you continue to have IT issues or out-of-the-ordinary complications, Ms. Teseo in the Career Center.
Fast Forward Program
- $4125 per student
- Pays for concurrent credits & AP exams
- Portal is open for 6 weeks in the Fall & Spring (strict deadline set by the state)
- The high school transcript does not reflect college credits
- College transcripts can be requested directly from the university that awarded credit
- If you sign up to take a yearlong course for concurrent credit, you cannot transfer out at semester due to the risk of earning a W or F on a college transcript (and lose future funding)
- Fast Forward participation form filled out electronically in Parent PowerSchool account
- Create an account in Fast Forward Portal / Verify account through email
- Request Funding for EACH concurrent credit course
- Complete university course registration
*You can take a concurrent credit class without registering for college credit. Taking it for college credit is a commitment that means the grade you get in the class is the final grade on a college transcript. If you are not strong in the subject content or concerned about your ability to handle the rigor, talk to your teacher, parents, and career counselor before you register. Using Fast Forward funds and failing (or withdrawing mid-year) means a freeze on future use of Fast Forward funds.
Fast Forward Portal
State Department of Education Website / Advanced Opportunities Portal
BSU Student Dual Credit Registration Portal
* BSU Student and Parent Information Brochure
CWI Student Dual Credit Registration Portal
NNU Student Dual Credit Registration Portal