Pathways Middle School is a public middle school for students who would like a smaller environment in which to learn. The program, created by West Ada, is for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students. Our school is looking for good kids who get lost in the crowd and feel like their current school is not the right fit. These students may find it difficult to stay organized, be struggling in their academic environment, or simply feel their school is just too big.
Pathways Middle School offers:
- Smaller class sizes with more one-on-one attention.
- A smaller school community comprised of a maximum of 160 total students.
- A block schedule so students can complete their work in class with fewer transitions.
- No daily assigned homework for their 6th or 7th grade year.
- The addition of homework in 8th grade to prepare students for high school and college.
- Specific instruction in study skills, organization strategies, standardized test taking skills, and Leader in Me school-wide program through Study Lab and Academic Labs.
- The same core curriculum as the larger schools and electives including Filmmaking, Maker Lab, Art, Theatre, and Guitar.
- Student-created interest groups such as Tech Club, Gamers Club, Magic Club, Football Club, Builders Club, Skate Team, Ski/Snowboard Club, and more!
- All sports/after school activities are still available for our students at Eagle Middle, Heritage Middle, Sawtooth Middle, Star Middle, and Lowell Scott Middle.
- A supportive and nurturing environment where failing is not an option.
We are located at 1870 East Heritage Park Lane in Meridian – across from Discovery Elementary and Meridian Technical/Meridian Medical Charter High Schools.
If you feel Pathways could be a good option for your student, talk to your student’s current school counselor and fill out an application. You can also get an application from home page and return it to the school counselor. We look forward to meeting you!