Pathways Middle School is a public middle school for students who would like a smaller environment in which to learn. The program, created by West Ada, is for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students. Our school is looking for good kids who get lost in the crowd and feel like their current school is not the right fit. These students may find it difficult to stay organized, be struggling in their academic environment, or simply feel their school is just too big.
Pathways Middle School offers:
- Smaller class sizes with more one-on-one attention.
- A smaller school community with a maximum of 160 total students.
- A block schedule so students can complete their work in class with fewer transitions.
- No daily assigned homework for their 6th and 7th grade year.
- The addition of homework in 8th grade to prepare students for high school and college.
- Specific instruction in study skills, organization strategies, and standardized test taking skills.
- The same core curriculum as the larger schools and electives including Drama, Maker Lab, Art, Guitar, and Math Labs.
- Student-created interest groups such as Tech Club, Anime Club, Gamer’s Club, Builders Club, Skate Team, Ski/Snowboard Club, and more!
- All sports/after school activities are still available for our students at EMS, HMS, SMS, and LSMS.
- A supportive and nurturing environment where failing is not an option.
- One-to-one iPads for all students to use.
We are located at 1870 East Heritage Park Lane in Meridian – across from the Meridian Medical Arts Charter High School.