Welcome to the Orchestra 1 Remote Learning Phase 2 starting Monday, April 27th.
*All assignments for Phase 2 can be found under Phase 2 Assignments.
If you still need to complete previous assignments, you can find them below in the Phase 1 section.
We are learning to: play a chord progression and hokum (or shuffle) bowing.
You have three (3) action items:
1) Watch Mrs. Walker demonstrate Mrs. W Demo
2) Use visual aid and practice the progression and hokum. Visual Aid
3) Record yourself playing one of the following: progression, hokum, or both together. FlipGrid of you!
All information below is from Phase 1
Welcome to the Orchestra 1&2 Remote Learning page!
You can come here to find assignments and information as we adapt to the pandemic together.
- Mrs. Walker will hold office hours Monday through Friday from 1:00-2:30 p.m.
- Technical help can be reached by calling (208)350-5300 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email assignments and questions to Mrs. Walker at email@example.com
- If you would like to receive text messages about upcoming events, text the following code (@walkerchr) to 81010 of (208) 9321841.
- We use FlipGrid to record playing videos. Download the app and use code (walker9949) to access orchestra class.
During Phase 1 of the West Ada Remote Learning Plan (starting April 13, 2020), every student will have the opportunity to improve their grade by reviewing and revisiting past assignments. Students are able to improve their grade by completing missed assignments and redoing assignments and/or assessments that did not meet proficiency.
Orchestra 1&2 Assignments
Phase 1 (starts April 13): Makeup Assignment to improve low grades.
This assignment is optional - you only need to do it one time, and only if you wish to fix your grade.
1. Listen to a recording of classical music. This could be something you own or something you hear on NPR, just tune to 90.3 fm.
2. Write a 4 sentence reflection about what you hear. Include what you notice and what you wonder.
3. Return it to Mrs. Walker in any one of the following ways:
- A picture of your pencil & paper work emailed to Mrs. Walker
- A reflection typed into a Word document and emailed to Mrs. Walker