POINTS OF EMPHASIS
- We want to do what is best for our student-thletes.
- Be a part of the solution for the new norm. What we used to do might not be the best practice during this time.
- Be flexible to new changes as our administrators and coaches are working daily to update plans for practices and matches etc.
We will continue to do our best to social distance and provide the safest environment we can for our athletes to condition, train, and compete in our gym.
- If your athlete is not feeling well in any way - they need to stay home.
- Bring your own water bottle. Do not share water bottles. Do not drink out of the drinking fountain.
- Enter and exit through the same doors we usually come in for conditioning / practice.
- Stay 6 feet apart when possible. When gathering for explanation of drill - do not huddle up.
- Wash hands before and after each session.
- Conditioning: We are allowed to continue conditioning next week. We will hold conditioning in the EHS gym on Tuesday and Thursday August 11thand 13th from 3 – 4 pm.
- Tryouts: Tryouts will be August 17th– 18th.
- Games: The hope is for matches to start August 31 or September 8th. Obviously everyone’s schedules are changing so stay tuned.
Freshman // 9 am - 10:30 am
Sophomores // 10:45 am - 12:15 pm
Juniors & Seniors // 1:30 pm - 3 pm
At the end of the above sessions, all athletes will be notified of which evening session they should attend. (Session 1 or Session 2).
Session 1: 5 pm - 6:30 pm
Session 2: 6:30 pm - 8 pm
At the evening session, all athletes will be placed into four groups for Day 2 of tryouts.
Group 1: 9 am - 10:30 am
Group 2: 10:45 – 12:15 pm
Group 3: 1 pm – 2:30 pm
Group 4: 2:45 pm – 4:15 pm
Teams will be selected from Groups on August 18th.
Practices for our teams will be any time from 8 am - 9 pmfor the following weeks. Some teams may practice twice a day. Upon making a team, athletes will be given a practice schedule for their team. We anticipate having over 80 athletes at tryouts. If you haven’t registered, please do so ASAP: www.surveymonkey.com/r/78JB2SL .
Let me know if you have questions.
SPORTWARE IQ and PHYSICAL INFO
We are getting much closer on paperwork – but still have several student athletes who have not completed their SportsWare IQ form or uploaded a physical. Info on how to complete SportsWare is here: https://www.westada.org/Page/46670. Most of the questions I have received are related to uploading a physical. You need to go to the “forms” section and select “add” on the left side and you can upload your document. Don’t forget to upload both sides if it is a two-sided document. IF you are AT ALL unsure if you have uploaded the physical, bring a hard copy to tryouts. If you need a blank physical there is a form here: https://www.westada.org/Page/46671.
I am looking forward to a season with our athletes. With everything so up in the air, we will do our best to do our part now to ensure the best chance to play later. Thanks again for your patience, understanding, and encouragement!
As always, GO MUSTANGS!