National Honor Society (NHS)
The objective of National Honor Society is to create an enthusiasm for Scholarship, to stimulate a desire to render Service, to promote worthy Leadership, and to encourage the development of Character in all students at Centennial High School.
Requirements for Membership: Candidates eligible for election to the chapter shall have accumulated a minimum grade point average of 3.7. This GPA must remain fixed throughout the remainder of the student's membership. Each spring, all Sophomore and Juniors with a 3.7 grade point average will be invited to apply to NHS.
Official motto: Noblesse Oblige (nobility obligates). This is the idea that those of high rank have the obligation to behave honorably, generously, and responsibly to others.
Meeting Days: The third Wednesday of each month at 11:10 am
Meeting Location: Little Theater
Faculty Advisor: Jenise Shupe2019-2020 Executive Board:
- President - Sophia Diffin
- President Elect - Joshua Cunningham
- Secretary - Noah Rieth
- Senior Representative - Hayden Magill
- Junior Representative - Claire Shelton
- 10/18 - NHS volunteers at Pioneer Pumpkin Party
- 11/1 - NHS volunteers at Cynthia Mann Monster Mash
- 11/6 - NHS Executive Board meeting (room 206) - repeats on 12/4, 1/8, 2/5, 3/4, 4/1 & 5/6
- 11/9 - Rake Up Boise (NHS)
- 11/20 - NHS member meeting (Little Theater) - repeats on 12/18, 2/19, 3/18, 4/15, 5/20
- 12/14 - NHS volunteering at Pioneer Elem. holiday bazaar
- 5/1 - NHS New Member Induction Ceremony