Hello CHS Volleyball Family,
During this time I will keep the website updated with as much information as I have knowledge of. I have updated the open gyms page with some at home exercises the girls can be doing to stay in shape. I know this is not ideal for anyone but we will survive and we will be back together again! I think about each of you daily and hope that you are staying safe, healthy and doing great! If you have any questions please reach out to me. All open gyms are cancelled until we are back at school. Camps are still on at this point but if that is to change I will update website and let you all know.
2020 Volleyball Tryouts will be held on August 10th and 11th. *Dates are subject to change, so please check regularly.
- Players need to attend ALL tryout sessions in order to be considered for a team.
- All incoming freshman and juniors must have a Sports Physical (click link for form) prior to tryouts and have the documentation at tryouts in order to be able to tryout for volleyball.
- All players trying out for volleyball must bring an IQ Form filled out and signed by parents to tryouts.
- If these forms are not provided at the start of tryouts, the player is ineligible to tryout at all.
- NO VACATIONS are allowed from August 10th through October 17th since our season is so short.
Tryout times are:
- August 10th - 8:00 am - 11:00 am (Registration begins at 7:30 am, NO EARLIER) and 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm
- August 11th - 8:00 am - 11:00 am (teams will be posted at 11 am, teams will then meet for 15 minutes)
- August 11th - Afternoon team practices for all teams
There are physical activity requirements for each team which will be talked about throughout the summer and posted here closer to tryouts. I do expect all players to come into season in shape and ready to handle the commitment to play volleyball at a higher level. During season I want to focus on coaching the skills necessary and so all players need to come into tryouts with a new physical fitness foundation.
Mandatory Parent/Player meeting on Thursday August 13th from 7 - 8 pm