Update for 7/1:
Please check out the Open Gym tab for update times in July, all dates and times are subject to change. All workouts are voluntary and not required, but a great time to get to know other players and get yourself ready for our upcoming 2020 season.
If you are doing any workouts this summer, you must complete the IQ form and bring it with you for the first workout you attend. The IQ form link is in the Open Gyms tab. If you don't have a form, you will not be allowed to workout.
All incoming freshman and juniors need a sports physical before they can tryout on August 10th. Please bring your sports physical papers with you to tryouts, I will not collect them early. If you don't have a physical, you will not be allowed to tryout.
2020 Volleyball Tryouts will be held on August 10th and 11th. *Dates are subject to change, so please check regularly.
- Players need to attend ALL tryout sessions in order to be considered for a team.
- All incoming freshman and juniors must have a Sports Physical (click link for form) prior to tryouts and have the documentation at tryouts in order to be able to tryout for volleyball.
- All players trying out for volleyball must bring an IQ Form filled out and signed by parents to tryouts.
- If these forms are not provided at the start of tryouts, the player is ineligible to tryout at all.
- NO VACATIONS are allowed from August 10th through October 17th since our season is so short.
Tryout times are:
- August 10th - 8:00 am - 11:00 am (Registration begins at 7:30 am, NO EARLIER) AND 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm
- August 11th - 8:00 am - 11:00 am (teams will be posted at 11 am, teams will then meet for 15 minutes)
- August 11th - Afternoon team practices for all teams, TBD based on which team you make
There are physical activity requirements for each team which will be talked about throughout the summer and posted here closer to tryouts. I do expect all players to come into season in shape and ready to handle the commitment to play volleyball at a higher level. During season I want to focus on coaching the skills necessary and so all players need to come into tryouts with a new physical fitness foundation.
Mandatory Parent/Player meeting on Thursday August 13th from 7 - 8 pm