FALL 2021 Volleyball Tryouts
August 9th and 10th at CENTENNIAL HIGH SCHOOL.
Players need to attend ALL tryout sessions in order to be considered for a team.
Players need to wear a mask coming in to the gym and exiting the gym but they do not have to wear them during playing.
- All incoming freshman and juniors must have a Sports Physical (click link for form) prior to tryouts and have the documentation at tryouts in order to be able to tryout for volleyball.
- All players trying out for volleyball must fill out the IQ Form online in their SportsWare account. If you haven't done that, do it NOW!! Email me, Coach Ward, to verify your account is complete or if you need directions to create your account. My email is email@example.com.
- ALL PLAYERS MUST HAVE A SPORTSWARE ACCOUNT AND IQ FORM FILLED OUT PRIOR TO TRYOUTS! No paper IQ forms will be accepted.
- If these forms are not provided at the start of tryouts, the player is ineligible to tryout at all.
- NO VACATIONS are allowed from August 9th through October 17th since our season is so short.
Tryout times are:
- Times to be determined (please keep checking back)
I do expect all players to come into season in shape and ready to handle the commitment to play volleyball at a higher level. During season I want to focus on coaching the skills necessary and so all players need to come into tryouts with a new physical fitness foundation.
Skills evaluated at tryouts:
- Serving (overhand only)
- Running a rotation such as a 5-1 or 6-2
- Team dynamics/Leadership
Physical testing will be on the following:
- 2 minute burpee test
- Jump Roping
- Agility drills
- Sprint testing
- 10 ft shuffles
Mandatory Parent/Player meeting TBD, please keep checking back for updated info!