Freshman Orientation...plan ahead!!!
Incoming CHS 9th graders and their families are invited to Freshman Orientation on Wednesday, August 19 and Thursday, August 20
- Both days will run from 4:00-6:00pm (30 minute sessions)
- A live stream session will also be made available for families to tune in virtually
- Sessions for students and parents will begin in the CPAC where social distancing will be required
- After 30 minute information sessions, students and families will be permitted into the main CHS building for 30 minutes, to find lockers, pay fees, navigate hallways, etc. Again, respecting social distancing
- Virtual tours and materials will be posted on the CHS website and made available to students and families
Stay tuned for more information and details or follow us on Instagram and Facebook @centennialhighpatriots for up-to-date information!
9th Grade - Freshman
Welcome Freshman Patriots!
To become a sophomore, you need at least 14 credits. For detailed information about credits and class requirements, see the counseling tab.
- ALL freshman at Centennial High School take a year of Freshman Cornerstone; providing study skills, organization, team building and MORE for our new Patriots!
- ALL students are required to take a semester of Eastern Geographical Perspectives to graduate. This course is most commonly taken freshman year, prior to US History 10 and US History 11.
Click HERE to view elective courses. Electives are subject to change each year.
SCHEDULE CHANGE INFORMATION:
- Administration and Personnel
- Counseling Staff
- Bookkeeping, Payment and Fees
- Course Description Book
- English Language Learners
- Health Services
- Registration Information
BASIC SCHOOL RULES:
- Handbook Highlights and Safe Schools Presentations done in classrooms annually may be found HERE, for parent/student reference.
1. All bags, backpackas, fanny packs, etc. must be stored in lockers.
2. Freshman may NOT leave campus or loiter in the parking lot at lunch!
3. Electronic devices are okay before school, at lunch, and after school. Electronic devices used during class, not in a classroom parking lot/vault, will be confiscated by the classroom teacher and discipline will be assigned.
4. Hats and hoods off inside the building.
5. Please follow school dress code. Dress appropriately for school.
6. Student ID badges must be visibly worn, at all times, during school hours.
Every day except Wednesday, teachers are in their rooms from 7:15 to 7:40am for "PAT Time"; providing academic support. You may get extra assistance or have a quiet place to work on assignments. In addition, PAT Time is offered Monday through Thursday afternoon from 3:00-4:30pm in the CHS Library.
ATTENDANCE & TARDIES:
Students may not miss more than 3 classes per semester or they will lose credit for the class. This does not include doctor visits, funerals, approved advanced absences, and other waived absences.
PARENTS MUST CALL IN ALL ABSENCES - (208)855-4252