Centennial High School Student Council (StuCo)
VOTE NOW for the class of 2021-2022 Student Council Officers:
Voting closes Thursday, May 27 at 3:00pm
Student Council Moderator: Athena Herman - email@example.com
Leadership Moderator: Brooke Gillette - firstname.lastname@example.org
EL Leadership Moderator: Jaimie Skinner - email@example.com
Centennial is proud to offer students various leadership opportunities on campus.
- Student Council, moderated by Ms. Athena Herman, is offered to students in grades 9-12 and is a yearlong course designed to give elected Student Council members time for learning leadership skills, planning, organizing, advertising, and improving Student Council activities.
- Intro to Leadership is moderated by Mrs. Brooke Gillette. This yearlong course is offered to students in grades 9-10 and designed to provide students the opportunity to increase participation in teams, clubs, and othergroup activities; fostering a sense of ownership. The class is based on building a sense of community and leadership among our younger students. The intent of the class is to build skills in the areas of community service, planning, organization, leadership, responsibility, organization, and teamwork. Students will also be involved in school decisions that impact their specific grade level.
- EL Leadership is moderated by Mrs. Jaimie Skinner. This yearlong course is offered to EL (English learner) students in grades 9-12. This course is designed to buid leadership skills and increase community engagement through service, cultural and language exploration, and college and career readiness programming.
If you are an incoming freshman or current Patriot interested in a Student Leadership opportunity at Centennial High School, please complete THIS FORM. We would love to have you on our team!
- May 3-7, 2021 - Moderator meet and greets - stop by Ms. Herman and Mrs. Gillette's room at lunch to understand the program and meet your StuCo moderators Tuesday, May 4 - Room 107, Ms. Herman
- May 10-14, 2021 - Students interested in an elected leadership position complete the application process, gather teacher referrals and present campaign ideas for approval. All paperwork is due Friday, May 14 by 3:00pm to Mrs. Gillette - firstname.lastname@example.org and Ms. Herman - email@example.com.
- May 17-21, 2021 - Students running for an elected position "campaign" in accordance with the school rules outlines in the application packet. Candidates will be featured on the Student Council instagram - @cen10patriots.
- May 24-28, 2021 - Elections take place electronically. Voting closes Thursday, May 27 at 3:00pm. Winners are notified Friday, May 28 and announced to the student body.
- Voting links will be sent to the student body on Monday, May 24 with a final reminder on May 27.