SENIOR INFORMATION - CLASS OF 2022
- Start researching and finalizing your college search!
- Narrow your search down to 3-6 colleges by October
- What are the deadlines?
- What type of application do they use?
- Common App
- University Application
- Apply Idaho
- Access SCOIR to research colleges. (More information on SCOIR coming soon!)
- Check out SCOIR, announcements, and emails for College Visits!
- Visit with College Reps when they visit the RHS campus.
- Visit College Campuses in person or virtually.
- Some colleges are offering in person campus tours, while others are offering virtual campus tours. Contact the college to inquire about campus tours!
- Check out the colleges in the Western Undergraduate Exchange – tuition is reduced for Idaho students who meet certain academic criteria.
- Check out RHS Website: College and Career
- Counseling and Career College website under construction! Check back often!!
PAYING FOR COLLEGE – SCHOLARSHIPS & FAFSA
Research criteria and deadlines. Start making a list of scholarships you can apply for your Senior year!
Types of Scholarships:
- College Scholarships
- Third Party Scholarships
- b)National Scholarships
- c)Check out RHS website for ADDITIONAL scholarship information, resources and websites. During Senior year, scholarship opportunities are updated weekly!
- FEDERAL FINANCIAL AID – FAFSA applications can be submitted on or after October 1st at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Most colleges require the FAFSA to be completed for financial aid, including college-sponsored scholarships!
Questions about Financial Aid? Watch this vidoe: Financial Aid Basics
COLLEGE ENTRANCE EXAMS
Currently, many colleges and universities are temporarily test optional and/or no longer require College Entrance Exams (SAT or ACT) for admissions. Students are encouraged to research college requirements for College Entrance Exams for admission and/or college scholarships.
If the student decides they need to retake the SAT or take the ACT, it is recommended to sign up for the fall test dates to meet college deadlines. The Class of 2022 took the SAT on April 13. Students should have received notification to view scores from College Board in May.
REQUESTING HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPTS - USE SCOIR
DO NOT REQUEST A HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT UNTIL YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE COLLEGE APPLICATION!
- Transcripts needed for college applications are sent electronically through SCOIR.
- If you have difficulties requesting a high school transcript, contact Mrs. Schneider (email@example.com) for assistance.
CHECK COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS - REQUEST DIRECTLY FROM COLLEGES
Seniors are encouraged to log into their college accounts to access unofficial transcripts/grade reports to verify that ALL courses/credits have been posted, especially ones taken during the summer.
RHS DOES NOT HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS!
Click HERE for information on requesting college transcripts.
CONCURRENT CREDITS & IB EXAMS – HOW DO THEY TRANSFER?
Students are encouraged to research how the AA degree, concurrent college credits, and/or IB exams transfer to the college they are interested in attending. Each college or university will have a policy on transfer degrees, concurrent credits, and/or IB exams. Students are advised to check!
NEED A LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION?
Students should contact the individual they are requesting to write a letter of recommendation and see if they are available to write the letter. Provide the person with an academic/achievement resume and allow them a minimum of two weeks to get it done.
BSU, ISU, and U of I do not require a letter of recommendation!
(Events, dates, and times are tentative. Further information will be sent out.)
- Treasure Valley College Fair: October 9th at BSU (1:00 – 3:00 PM)
- College Planning & Financial Aid Information Night: October 14th
- IB/Associate Degree Information:
- Parents and Students will receive information regarding IB or AA during the month of September or October!
- College Application Week:
- Seniors will receive help from counselors during TOK and PPS with college planning during the month of October. Counselors will be providing resources, information, and assistance with college planning and applications. More information is forthcoming!
The counselor section on the RHS website contains college planning information, scholarship resources, leadership/student opportunities, Associate degree checklists, IB Information, and other resources.
Need to schedule an appointment with a counselor? Check out the Counselor’s Booking Links at https://www.westada.org/Page/83441.
- Seniors pursuing the AA Degree are required to meet with Dana Gaudet at ISU before second semester begins. Seniors should contact her to schedule an appointment. Seniors are required to bring unofficial transcripts from ALL the colleges they have received credits through.
FAST FORWARD BALANCE
- Seniors are encouraged to check Fast Forward balance by logging into their Fast Forward account. All AA seniors will deplete funds and be financially responsible for fees/costs not covered by Fast Forward.
- Counselors will be meeting individually with all seniors during September/October.
- Important information will be communicated with Seniors through the following:
- Teams - Class of 2022 Career College Information
- Remind Me Text
- Teams - Class of 2022 Career College Information
Questions? Post them in the Class of 2022 Career College Information Team!
- Kelly Hahs (A – K) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Heidi Freeney (L – Z) - email@example.com
- Tammy Schneider - College and Career Counselor - firstname.lastname@example.org