Registration for the Fall Semester will be available in August.
Driver's Education - Summer Program
Summer Driver's Education classes are offered in two separate sessions at the following locations: Centennial High School (CHS), Mountain View Hight School (MVHS), and Meridian Middle School. Each class will receive a minimum of 30 hours of class time, 6 hours of driving time and 6 hours of observation time. This program is taught by certified instructors that utilize state approved curriculum with inspected and safety-equipped vehicles. West Ada Driver's Education also provides insurance coverage while students are in the program.
Registration Deadline: May 4, 2018 Session is now full
June 4, 2018
June 29, 2018
Centennial High School (CHS)
Mountain View High School (MVHS)
(Students may only register for one site per session)
Registration Deadline: May 25, 3:00 pm Session is now full
July 9, 2018
August 3, 2018
Meridian High School (MHS)
- Students must be at least 14½ in order to purchase a permit and to be allowed in the program.
- Students apply for enrollment and will be selected based on the age of the applicant, meeting the registration deadlines and instructor availability.
- All sessions have class Monday through Friday for one and one half (1½) hours per day.
- Classes start times are: 7:00 am, 8:30 am, 10:00 am, or 11:30 am
Driving will be done on an A/B Block schedule after or before class starting at 7:00 am and ending at 1:00 pm.
Students who currently attend a West Ada school will pay = $250
Students who are out of the district or do not currently attend a West Ada School will pay = $260
About the Class:
- Each student will receive a minimum of 30 hours of class time, 6 hours of driving time and 6 hours of observation time.
- Driver Education Permits will be issued at the completion of the 30 hours of class time, 6 hours of driving instruction and 6 hours of observation in a session.
- Students must attend all classes and drives in their chosen session.
- State Regulations do not allow for prearranged absences. Students who miss class due to illness will need to make arrangements for a make-up session with their class instructor.
(Drive times and class times may change due to enrollment numbers and availability of instructors)
- Session 1 - Registration Deadline is by 3:00pm, May 4, 2018 (Session is now full)
- Session 2 - Registration Deadline is by 3:00pm May 25th (Session is now full)
Confirmation of Enrollment:
Students selected for the program will be emailed a Confirmation of Enrollment message, indicating acceptance into the course. (Confirmations will be emailed the week after the registration deadline. Please set your Junk/Clutter/Spam settings to allow receipt of emails from the "westada.org" domain)
NOTE: Students must be registered online to be considered for placement.
Payment of fees without registering will not place the student in a class.
Parent/Student Orientation Meetings:
Parents are now required to attend the Parent/Student orientation meeting that will be held at the start of each Drivers Education class.
Student permits will not be issued to the students until this requirement has been met.
- Parent Meeting for Session 1
Mountain View High School - Tuesday, May 22, 2018, at 6:30 pm, MVHS Cafeteria
- Parent Meeting for Session 1
Centennial High School - Thursday, May 24, 2018, at 6:30 pm, CHS Social Center
- Parent Meeting for Session 2
Centennial High School - Tuesday, June 26, 2018, at 6:30 pm, CHS Social Center