• Eagle High School AP, Concurrent Credit, & Honors Courses

    AP and Honors courses are for self-motivated and independent learners who are excited about challenging tasks and ideas in a subject area will succeed in these classes. Students should be prepared to spend five or more hours per week on outside-of-class assignments per course. Students may find earning an “A” to be more difficult than in other courses. No curriculum adjustments will be made to slow the instructional pace or limit the level of instruction of the course. If necessary, a student who is not successfully performing in a course will be moved to a regular course of similar subject matter.

    Advanced Placement (AP):
    All AP courses follow a nationally standardized rigorous curriculum developed by The College Board. Students who are usually successful in AP courses are those who perform academically in the top 2% nationally in their chosen subject area. To receive college level AP credit a student must take the AP exam and pass it. Credits are awarded by the various colleges and universities according to the score received on the AP exam. Students/parents should check with the specific college or university to see their AP acceptance policy. There is an additional fee to take the AP exam. These courses are graded on a five point grading scale.

    Concurrent Credit (Dual Credit):
    Students enrolled in a concurrent credit class are taught on a level comparable to a freshman college course.  In this setting, students are academically challenged and expected to think analytically, speak, and write at a college level.  Universities charge fees, including a one-time enrollment fee, when enrolling in a concurrent credit course.  Students are required to complete college level assignments outside of class time.  Concurrent credit differs from AP courses.  Concurrent credit students earn the number of credits for which they enroll, and the grade earned in the course is the grade posted to their college transcript.  Most credits transfer to colleges and universities; however, as a precaution before registering for concurrent credit students/parents should check with the colleges and universities they are considering attending to confirm their policies.  These courses are graded on a four point grading scale unless it is a designated AP course in which a five point scale is used.  Please note:  All concurrent credit courses are dependent upon instructor and course approvals by the local universities.  A course may not be offered as listed based upon movement of staff.

    These courses follow the district curriculum but proceed at an accelerated instructional pace and include more instructional depth. Students who are successful in honors courses usually perform academically in the top 10% nationally in their chosen subject area. These courses are graded on a four point grading scale. 

    Comments (-1)
  • Registering for Concurrent Credit Courses Through the College

    If your student is taking concurrent credit courses, they MUST register for the course through the college or university, as well as request Fast Forward funds if you wish to use the funding to pay for the course fees. Below are the links to concurrent credit registration sites, as well as a link to College of Western Idaho's course step-by-step course registration guide.

    ***FALL 2017 deadline for college registrations is  September 22, 2017***


    Boise State University:



    College of Western Idaho:


    CWI Registration Guide


    Northwest Nazarene University:



    Idaho State University:

    Students receive forms from concurrent credit teacher

    Comments (-1)
  • Fast Forward Funding Program


    The Fast Forward program provides every student attending an Idaho public school an allocation of $4,125.00 to use towards Advanced Opportunities in grades 7-12. The program was expanded by the Legislature in 2016 through the passing of House Bill 458.

    The funds can be used for: 


    Dual Credits

    Dual credit courses are taken by high school students. These courses are transcribed on both their high school and college transcripts. The Fast Forward program can pay for up to $75.00 per credit. In most cases, the cost of these credits is $65.00. Dual Credit courses can also be taken online, by virtual conferencing, or in some cases, students can go directly to the college/university campus. All dual credit courses must be transcribed on the students’ high school transcript.


    Overload Courses

    An overload course is a high school level course that is taken in excess of the student’s regular school day. These courses are offered online, during the summertime, and after school. In the event that student incurs a cost for such courses, the Fast Forward program can pay up to $225.00 for the cost of the course. Overload courses must be above and beyond the full course load offered by the student’s local school.

    • West Ada high school students should have a 3.0 or higher GPA and must be taking a full course load of 8 credits per semester. This means no release periods of any kind can be taken currently or in the future.
    • West Ada middle school students should have a 3.0 or higher GPA and must be taking a full course load of 7 classes per semester. This means no release periods of any kind can be taken currently or in the future.
    • If a student takes an overload course and fails to take a full course load the following semester. The student will not have access to fast forward funds until an additional overload course is taken and paid for independently.
    • Fast Forward funds may not be used for repeated or remedial course work.


    Advanced Placement Exams



    Registering for Fast Forward funds, concurrent credit, and AP Exams are three completely separate actions. This is the student's responsibility, and they must complete all parts if they want to access Fast Forward Funds to cover the costs of concurrent credits or AP exam fees AND earn college credit.   


    Participation Form

    All students wishing to access Fast Forward funds must complete the electronic signature on Parent PowerSchool under "update student information."

    Steps to access Fast Forward Funds:


    Fast Forward AP Full Instruction Sheet 

    Fast Forward Concurrent Credit Full Instruction Sheet 

    West Ada Fast Forward Guide 

    1. Students must create a personal account on the State Department of Education website: http://advancedops.sde.idaho.gov/   
    • SPRING semester deadline NOT ANNOUNCED , to make an ACCOUNT
    1. Students will receive an email confirmation that they may begin registering for classes or exams utilizing Fast Forward Funds.  If students receive an email noting an issue in creating their account, follow instructions given or contact Megan Peterman (Career and College Counselor) for assistance.
    2. Students must sign into their State Department Fast Forward account and apply for funds for each concurrent credit class and/or AP exam (MUST have participation form on file to be approved).
    • SPRING semester deadline NOT ANNOUNCED, to Request funding for Concurrent Class. 

    These deadlines cannot be extended.

    If you have additional questions please contact the individuals below:


    For questions about Fast Forward Funding: 


    Career and College Counselor
    Anna Howard
    350-4235 or by email howard.anna@westada.org 


    For questions about AP testing: 


    AP Coordinator
    Monique Warner
    350-4235 or by email warner.monique@westada.org


    For questions about concurrent credit enrollment, contact the concurrent credit teacher(s).

    Comments (-1)