Math and Science Textbooks Public Review April 20-30
Updated April 20, 2018 - West Ada School District's textbook adoption committee is reviewing math and science textbooks for middle school math, 6th-grade earth science, high school earth science, and high school biology. Below is a list of textbooks being considered including links to their websites, and a timeline for when books will be reviewed by the committee. The public is welcome to attend and observe the committee meetings.
Public review of the top choice textbooks is April 20-30 at the District Service Center from 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (middle school math, middle and high school science textbooks), all middle schools from 8:15 a.m.-3:10 p.m. (middle school math and science textbooks), and all high schools from 7:40 a.m.-2:40 p.m. (high school science textbooks).
*Top Choices for Public Review
Math Textbook Links
- *Pearson: Envision Math 2.0
- *College Preparatory Mathematics (CPM): Core Connections Courses 1-3
- HMH: Go Math
- McGraw Hill: Glencoe Math
- Pearson: Connected Mathematics Program
- Illustrative Mathematics: Open Up
- Agile Minds
6th Grade Earth Science Textbook Links
- *Pearson: Elevate Science
- HMH: Science Dimensions
- McGraw Hill: Earth and Space iScience
- Discovery Education: Middle School Science Techbook
- Amplify Science
High School Earth Science Textbook Links
High School Biology Textbook Links
Middle School Math Meetings
- 6th-8th Grade Math
- Thursday, March 22nd,6:00-8:00 p.m., Clearwater Room, District Service Center
- Wednesday, April 4th, 6:00- 8:00 p.m., Clearwater Room, District Service Center
Middle and High School Science Meetings
- 6th Grade Earth Science, High School Earth Science, High School Biology
- Thursday, April 12th, 6:00-8:00 p.m., Clearwater Room, District Service Center
- Thursday, April 19th, 6:00-8:00 p.m., Clearwater Room, District Service Center
Textbook Reviews April 20-30
- District Service Center (middle school math, middle and high school science): 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- All West Ada Middle Schools (middle school math and science): 8:15 a.m.-3:10 p.m.
- All West Ada High Schools (high school science): 7:40 a.m.-2:40 p.m.
West Ada School District Service Center
Clearwater Room (East Side Training Center)
1303 E. Central Dr.
Meridian, ID 83642