CDH Providing Access to Flu Vaccine
Central District Health (CDH) is helping to protect students against the seasonal flu. This year the flu vaccine is more important than ever with COVID-19 circulating. With an aim to keep children as healthy as possible and sick days to a minimum, CDH will be offering a pop-up flu clinic at a school near you this fall. The best way to protect your child against the flu is through vaccination. CDH will be offering the injectable flu vaccine.
What is my cost? There is no cost for the flu vaccine; however, there is an administration fee. CDH will bill your insurance/Medicaid for the administration fee. If you do not have insurance or your insurance does not fully cover the cost, CDH will cover the remaining cost. There will be no out-of-pocket cost. A copy of CDH's financial and privacy practices can be found on our website at: https://www.cdhd.idaho.gov/hl-immunizations-beforeyourappointment.php or can be obtained at the pop up clinic.
Vaccination Clinic Details for Any K-12 West Ada School District Students:
- October 13 from 3:15-7 p.m. at Meridian Middle School
- October 15 from 3:15-7 p.m. at Lake Hazel Middle School
- October 20 from 3:15-7 p.m. at Star Middle School
- October 22 from 3:15-7 p.m. at Eagle Middle School
- October 27 from 3:15-7 p.m. at Lewis and Clark Middle School
- October 29 from 3:15-7 p.m. at Lowell Scott Middle School
If you would like your child to receive a flu vaccine at the pop up clinic, please complete the consent form.
- Complete, sign and date the Immunization Client Information/Consent Form. The form is fillable and can be completed online and printed for signature. Please fill these out prior to the clinic, if you are unable to fill the form out prior to the clinic forms will be provided at the clinic
- If you have an insurance card please provide a copy of the front and back, or bring your insurance card to the clinic so we can make a copy
- COVID-19 prevention measures will be in place, including physical distancing and masks required for all. Please only bring those children who will be vaccinated, this helps reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
If the date or location does not work for you, you are more than welcome to bring your child to another location in your district or to one of the two Saturday clinics at our office. The clinics held at our office will be on October 3 and November 7 from 1 O am to 2 pm. If you have any questions regarding this pop-up flu vaccination program or eligibility, please direct calls to Central District Health at 327-7400. We are pleased to offer this convenient service. However, this vaccination clinic should not take the place of your child's usual visit with your primary care provider or pediatrician.
Registered Nurse Senior
- Complete your form prior to the clinic
- If you have insurance bring your insurance card or a copy (front and back)
- Remain six feet from others outside those in your household
- Wear a mask
- Be prepared for possible wait times