Return to Headlines
Open Enrollment for Second Semester at Virtual School House Open Nov. 16-Dec. 4
Choosing to enroll at Virtual School House means:
- You are staying in the West Ada School District, but changing your home school to Virtual School House. You will be unenrolled from your current brick and mortar school.
- You will be enrolled at Virtual School House for all of second semester, spring 2021. Any requests for transfer after December 4, 2020 will require approval through the in-district transfer process.
- You will be taught by current West Ada School District teachers. Many of our elementary teachers instruct from classrooms in West Ada schools.
- You will receive quality instruction through a completely online learning platform. This will include a combination of live synchronous instruction (daily/weekly required schedules during the school day) and asynchronous instruction (practice activities, independent projects, recorded instruction). Students and parents should expect at least 5.5 hours of daily coursework and instruction.
- You will be offered a limited number of course offerings. These courses are focused on grade level and graduation requirements.
The open enrollment period ends on December 4 11:59 p.m. This is a firm deadline. This deadline is established prior to the end of first demester in order to:
- Ensure classes are available and scheduled for all K-12 students at VSH.
- Determine the number of teachers needed at VSH and identify any teacher transfers from brick and mortar schools.
- Distribute technology and/or required materials.
- Assign online resources/apps to VSH students.
- Train and provide professional development to our teachers to ensure effective instruction in an online platform.
For additional questions or expectations for learning at Virtual School House, please visit www.westada.org/VSH.
Enrolled at another West Ada School District campus? Follow these directions to fill out the transfer form in PowerSchool.
- Sign in to PowerSchool, https://ps.westada.org/public/home.html
- Click on the "Update Student Information" link located in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on the "SchoolForms" link in the applications window.
- Click on the "Virtual School Transfer Form" for each child you would like to enroll in VSH.
New to West Ada School District? Follow these directions to fill out a pre-registration form.
- Fill out the pre-registration form listed at the top of this webpage: https://www.westada.org/registration
- Choose Virtual School House as the school you want to attend.