Inclement Weather and School Closure Information
With the start of winter storms, West Ada School District is again planning and ready for the possibility of school closures. The decision to close schools is a process which is not taken lightly by the district. As storms approach, district staff monitor weather forecasts in preparation to check road conditions during the night and into the early morning before the start of school. If school is cancelled because of poor road conditions, information about the closure will be posted on the district website and local media will also be notified.
AM Radio Stations: KBOI, 670; KIDO, 630; KGEM, 1140
FM Radio Stations: KJOT, 105; K-106, 106; K-LITE, 104; KHEZ, 103.3; KIZN, 93.1; KBSU, 90.3
Frequently Asked Questions About School Closures:
Parents of Bus Riders:
- As always have student(s) wear bright colors.
- Be cautious of anything dangling off clothing or backpacks as it can get caught on bus doors.
- Have student(s) wear layers of loose-fitting, lightweight, warm clothing.
- Be sure hats and/or hoods do not obstruct the student(s) ability to hear and see traffic.
- Cover student(s) mouth to protect his/her lungs from extreme cold.
- Have student(s) wear shoes with good traction.
- Use the restroom before getting on the bus!
- Plan ahead for any medical needs your student may have on the bus.