Student Announcements October 14, 2019
Attention all CTE students: You will NOT travel to your CTE classes at other Technical Centers during PSAT testing on Wednesday, October 16th. CTE traveling students will remain at their home high schools with the exception of the Certified Nursing Assistant students. The CTE shuttle buses will not be running that day.
FAFSA Completion Night will be held at the MHS Career Center on Tuesday, October 15th from 4:30-8pm. Bring your parents and their tax documents and get assistance completing the FAFSA. Please arrive no later than 7:15 pm as it can take 45 minutes to complete. No appointment necessary, just show up!
Art Club will be having a meeting on Thursday October 17th in room C4 during lunch. The meeting will start at 11:10 - bring your lunch.
Girls basketball season is coming soon! Come out to open gyms on Monday and Wednesday evenings at 7:30 for the month of October. Tryouts are November 4th. See you there!
University of Idaho will be hosting Envision Idaho 2019 on Saturday, Nov. 2nd
At Envision, you’ll have the chance to explore campus, learn about student life, experience Vandal game day, and discover signature research and learning programs. Bus transportation will be provided – please see Mrs. Goddard in the Career Center for sign up information!
Attention all Students: We will have a different schedule on Wednesday, October 16th.
- All sophomores and some juniors will take the PSAT from 8AM-noon. If you are not testing that morning, you will be placed in a study hall.
- All students can find their room assignment on the main office windows.
- Seniors who have late start on B days must report to their study hall by 9:33AM.
- Testing begins promptly at 8:00 am and will end at noon. If you bring a phone into a PSAT room, it will be collected and returned to you after the test.
- If you travel to another school in the morning, you will stay at MHS and take the test. If you travel to another school in the afternoon, you will report to the MHS library after lunch, and be marked excused
If you have questions, please stop by the counseling office.
Attention ladies! Are you interested in a STEM Career? Thursday, October 17th, The Micron, Women in Technical Careers lunch event will be taking place in the Career Center. Free pizza and great info from female engineers in our community! Please sign up in the Career Center.
The next Photo Club Meeting will be held during lunch in Room 149 on Tuesday, October 15th. You do not need to own a camera or have camera skills to join. Hope to see you there!
Come out and support the Girls Soccer Team who are playing in the District Tournament today.
Quote of the Day: “Failure is success if we learn from it.” Malcolm Forbes
Reflect on a time that you learned from a failure. What did you learn?