PAGE meets monthly on the third Thursday. The location varies around the valley. To receive notice via email, send a request to Nancy Gregory. If you are already on our list, you do not have to request again.
Parents are the single largest power-wielding group in the school system, but we don’t know it. Without parent advocacy, gifted programs can easily be in jeopardy.
As a support group for parents, PAGE can:
- respond to questions parents may have as a child enters a gifted and talented program.
- help parents be effective in supporting their gifted child through the educational process.
- provides a forum for parents of gifted kids to become informed about gifted issues and collaborate on developing an appropriate school program for their child.
- provides resources and advocates for individuals and groups in the development of services for gifted kids.
- informs parents about how to support and promote legislation that funds services for gifted and talents students.
- provides speakers and parent panels for educational training and other forums.