GMB Camp Information 2019
Posted by Quentin Dewitt on 7/19/2019
I hope that you are having a great summer so far. We are just two weeks away from the start of the Grizzly Marching Band camp and I can’t wait to start working with all of you! As a member, or the family of a member, you are in for a great time this year. Our members, our school, and our community take great pride in the work that we do, and I am always proud of how our students give their best. There are a lot of elements to keep track of for both members and their families. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or confusions. Here are some important items for you to address prior to the start of camp.
- Spirit Wear Orders Due 7/29/19
- Our 2019 Spirit Wear store is currently open.
- This is your only opportunity to order!
- All GMB students (winds/percussion/guard) need to have a least a Purple and Gray performance shirt. We wear these for rehearsals and performances.
- We are asking parents that plan to volunteer (we will have lots of spots) to also purchase spirit wear (see the earlier email from Kathy).
- CHARMS Information
- Please update your CHARMS profile and don’t forget to include your parents.
- If you forgot how to log in, we can help you at the start of camp.
- The calendar in CHARMS and on my website is current.
- You will want to make sure that your CHARMS contact info is current so that you will be notified if there are any changes.
- I will have a detailed version of the daily schedule sent out my the middle of next week.
- A reminder that attendance at Camp and all following rehearsals is a requirement for participation in the GMB. The more consistent our attendance, the better we will be able to perform. If you have an unavoidable conflict, please let me know.
- Please spend time outside every day!
- If you haven’t been active, at least get outside for a walk with friends, or a bike ride, or anything to get your heart rate up for 30 minutes or more.
- Get in the habit of drinking water and cutting back on the sugar and caffeine. Hydration is key to your success.
- Heat exhaustion is no fun, so you need to start getting yourself ready now.
- Smoke/Air Quality
- We check the air quality throughout the day.
- We modify our rehearsals as needed to keep student safety at the top of our list.
- If you have an inhaler, please always plan to have it on you.
- We watch the weather and adjust our rehearsals as needed.
- Rehearsals are not cancelled due to weather.
- Health Concerns
- We will be sending home a medical release form the week before camp.
- This needs to be completed and turned in on your first day of camp.
- It is your responsibility to make staff aware of any issues that you my have and how we can watch out for you.