Galileo STEM Academy Profile 2017-2018
Educating Students in Grades K-8
The Galileo mascot is the falcon and our colors are blue and white. Our school motto is, “Galileo, a community of explorers discovering their unlimited potential.” Our school is named in honor of Galileo Galilei, the Italian astronomer, physicist, engineer, philosopher and mathematician.
Galileo is a School of Choice. Students apply for admission and are accepted by lottery.
Rob Lamb, Principal
Jill Iverson, Assistant Principal
KayCee Choate, Counselor
Nelda Denton, Secretary
42 Certified Staff
12 Classified Staff
4 Languages Spoken
8% Gifted and Talented
6% Special Education
8% Economically Disadvantaged
Elementary Grading Scale:
Basic – Student does not yet demonstrate competency on the grade level achievement target.
Strategic - Student demonstrates inconsistent competency on the grade level achievement target.
Proficient – Student demonstrates consistent competency on the grade level achievement target.
Advanced – Student demonstrates consistent competency on achievement targets above their grade level.
Middle Level Grading Scale:
A = 100-90%
B = 89-80%
C = 79-70%
D = 69-60%
F = 59-0%
P = Pass
NC = No Credit
PTA, Rocket Group, National Junior Honor Society, First Lego League, Chess Club, Running Group, Jump Rope Club, Student Council, Junior Bot Ball, Maker Space, Flight Club, STEM night, SKI Club, Idaho TECH Challenge, MOSS Camp
School and Staff Recognition:
- Our students and staff have been MGUE (Microgravity University for Educators) NASA participants
- Our Rocket Club has been to nationals in Washington, D.C. three times
- Our Junior Botball team won Overall Best at the Global Conference on Educational Robotics in Norman, Oklahoma
- Among our staff awards, our staff members have been honored as Presidential Award for Excellence in Math and Science Teaching state finalists, INDEEDS recipients, and Lights-On After School awardees
- Our Ski club took first place in the small schools division last year